Young Master Frederic

Young Master Frederic
Young Master Frederic

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Northern Festival

May means one thing - lots and lots of agility! Starting with the Northern Festival of Agility, this year hosted by Hare n Hounds on the first weekend and Easington on the second. The first two days I spent competing, and we did ok, coming home with a rosette for each dog. Freddie got placed in a 4-7 graded class for the first time, a lovely clear round that gained 4th place, his highest yet in grade 4. Jasper Doodle got placed for the first time - 20th place in grade 3 agility. And Darcey had a fab clear round, but in a 1-7 combined so remained unplaced. On Monday I judged, and had a very enjoyable day with some lovely runs. I had to take the dog walk out of my planned courses, but that was easy to manage and I was happy with how the courses ran. For the second weekend, I'd also been asked to judge, this time on the Saturday. And what a different day! The rain had come, and when I arrived my ring was full of boggy puddles! So I dispensed with my prepared course plans and put up what I could, avoiding the puddles. I wasn't 100% happy with the courses, but they ran ok and I got some lovely comments from competitors who appreciated the effort I'd made to at least put up safe courses that could be run in the conditions. Sunday I was back competing, and thankfully by them the rain had stopped. Freddie and Jasper both did some nice work and had a clear round each, but not quick enough to be placed. Darcey however eclipsed them both, with two fabby agility runs, each getting her 2nd place. Since she's never managed to even be placed before I was over the moon, and so proud of my little curly girlie. And thank you Easington for your generous prizes, she even came home with a trophy! I understand we may not be back at Redcar next year which is a shame because the ground is lovely to run on and held up well even in the appalling conditions. But I'm sure Chris will find us somewhere equally good. And May agility continues - off to Stanhope for the next two weekends. Fingers crossed for some more shiny rosies!

1 comment:

  1. In fact, you will want to consider the entire faculty that will be available to you. Will there always be someone to answer your questions? Will you have someone assigned to you who can answer financial aid questions? Do you have access to tutoring services and help with your classes or technical problems?
    buy fifa 14 coins

    Fifa 14 Ultimate Team Coins

    ReplyDelete